1 can (20 oz) unsweetened pineapple chunks
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2-184 grams Century Tuna Chunks in Vegetable Oil
2 teaspooon canola oil
2 large green peppers
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (Discard remaining juice or save for another use). Set the juice and pineapple aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble tuna over mixture and mix well. Shape into 40 tuna balls.
3. In a non stick skillet, brown tuna balls in oil, drain. Cut green pepper into chunks. Add broth, pepper and reserved pineapple to meatballs. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5-7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
5. Add to tuna balls mixture. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.