2 cans Century Tuna Flakes in Oil, drained and flaked
¼ cup UNSWEETENED soy milk or almond milk
1 ½ cup coarse breadcrumbs, about 10 slices of bread (use gluten free bread for gluten free option)
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup onion finely chopped
¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
¼ cup sweet pickle relish, squeezed and strained hard
½ tbsp raisins
½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat egg and soy or almond milk until frothy.
- Put the tuna in a large bowl and one by one, add, mix and knead with the hands the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup onion, finely minced
1/8 tsp dried sage
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp minced garlic
6 medium mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
1 tbsp cornstarch
4 cups vegetable or beef stock
1 tsp lite soy sauce or aminos
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Toss in the onions and dried herbs, and sauté until the onion softens.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the mushrooms. Stir and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes stirring once in a while, until the mushrooms cook down into the onion, and they give off a visible amount of juices.
- In a small bowl, pour in 1 cup of the stock and whisk in cornstarch. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the rest of the stock into the mushroom mixture and let it boil uncovered over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and stir in cornstarch mix with a wooden spoon. Stir constantly for 10 minutes or until mixture is glossy and slightly thick. Add soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.