2 cans Century Tuna Flakes in Oil, drained and flaked
¼ cup UNSWEETENED soy milk or almond milk
1 ½ cup coarse breadcrumbs, about 10 slices of bread (use gluten free bread for gluten free option)
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup onion finely chopped
¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
¼ cup sweet pickle relish, squeezed and strained hard
½ tbsp raisins
½ tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Beat egg and soy or almond milk until frothy.
3. Put the tuna in a large bowl and one by one, add, mix and knead with the hands the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour into greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup onion, finely minced
1/8 tsp dried sage
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp minced garlic
6 medium mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
1 tbsp cornstarch
4 cups vegetable or beef stock
1 tsp lite soy sauce or aminos
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Toss in the onions and dried herbs, and sauté until the onion softens.
2. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute
3. Add the mushrooms. Stir and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes stirring once in a while, until the mushrooms cook down into the onion, and they give off a visible amount of juices.
4. In a small bowl, pour in 1 cup of the stock and whisk in cornstarch. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour the rest of the stock into the mushroom mixture and let it boil uncovered over medium heat.
6. Reduce heat and stir in cornstarch mix with a wooden spoon. Stir constantly for 10 minutes or until mixture is glossy and slightly thick. Add soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.